Friday, December 31, 2010

Basketball

It is with a little sadness and even more excitement that I am able to announce Jacob will be playing basketball for the first time starting Monday. Why sadness? Because I kept hoping that I would have a new job that would prevent me from being off work at 4 PM. The reality is that I haven't gotten a new job offer yet and while I still might, it won't be before the season begins on Monday. So I faced reality today and signed Jacob up for the winter session.

The basketball program is on Monday afternoons at the YMCA. I wish it was at 5:00 or later so those of us who have to work could participate but it's not. They lower the hoop to 8 feet for the 5 and 6 year olds so hopefully Jacob will be able to score some points. Either way I just want him to have fun.

No comments: