Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kindergarten Here He Comes!

Jacob is now registered for kindergarten. I spent a lot of time the past couple years trying to decide which school and program to place him in. I eventually decided to go with my very diverse public school. I have no reason not to send him there and have been impressed the few times I have dealt with them in the past.

Jacob attended registration Monday night and screening this morning. The teacher said he is on track in all areas and ready to begin kindergarten. She showed me the sheet that said he isn't behind in any area and told me he was fun to work with. Jacob is nervous about kindergarten but feeling better after meeting a couple of the teachers. Our next step is just to attend the visit later this spring and see a classroom.

It's hard to say goodbye to my baby. I am so proud of the child he has become but also miss the baby. It was 4 years ago today that I held him for the first time. A day I will never forget. One of the best days in my life.

No comments: