Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ready For Fall (Sort of)

Summer went way too fast but the calendar says it's over. Thankfully our favorite activities are available indoors as well as outdoors so we can extend the fun into the colder months.

This fall is going to be a nice change. I have spent the past 3 years juggling school and work which took a lot of time away from my children. I hated being away from them so much but I also knew that I had to do it to make sure our lives were better. This will be the first time in 3 years that I will be focusing only on work and parenting and not juggling any other activities.

I am really looking forward to spending more time watching my children and caring for them. We have a lot of plans.

Matthew is starting kindergarten and Jacob will be in 1st grade next week. Matthew is attending a charter school and Jacob was also accepted at the charter school but wants to stay at the school he attended last year. As a result, I will have kids in 2 different schools but I am used to it and both kids are getting the best education for them. Matthew will be attending a dual language immersion program and will be learning Spanish. I can't wait to hear him speaking Spanish at church and in the community.

I was going to have Matthew take time off from sports and activiites so he could focus on school but then decided it wasn't fair for him to watch his brother play and not be involved in his own teams. He will be taking ice skating lessons, swimming lessons and playing flag football. Swimming lessons are only 1 evening a week and we should be home by 7 so I am hoping it won't be too much for him. Ice skating and football are on weekends.

Jacob is trying out for swim team as well as playing football and taking ice skating lessons. Jacob will swim three afternoons a week if he makes the team but will be done by 6:00 during the week. Football and ice skating are on weekends at the same time as Matthew so at least it won't take up the entire weekend and we will have time to play also.

The fall is scheduled and we should have fun. School supplies are purchased and dropped off at the kids' schools. We have met everyone's teachers for the fall and toured Matthew's classroom and school. School starts Tuesday and everyone is excited for the first day.

No comments: