Monday, June 18, 2007

Colorado!

Jacob and I are enjoying ourselves in Colorado. We came out for 3 days to visit relatives and attend my cousin's wedding. After a couple hours of being somewhat shy, Jacob let himself loose on the dance floor. He was out there for about 2 hours dancing with cousins just a little older than him and the adults. He was the highlight of the wedding (other than the bride and groom of course :) He is growing up so fast.

Today we are going to spend some time at a museum in Denver and then head back to Wisconsin. It has been a fun weekend but I must return to work. I wish I could just win the lottery and spend all my time with Jacob! I enjoy my job though and Jacob is doing well with our au pair.

I cancelled my home study appointment for next week. I found out that the government will pay for my home study if I am adopting a child from foster care. I would need to complete the home study with a different agency. I called that agency last week and am now waiting to hear from them. I am not in too much of a hurry though. I do not qualify for family leave until next year and really want to wait until then for placement anyway. It would just be nice to have the information I need and be started on the process. Adoptions take months to complete so I would like to start in the next few months. In the meantime, I am loving my time as Jacob's mommy.

No comments: