Sunday, February 6, 2011

American Mom

Jacob and I have been talking about what he wants me to put in his post-placement report. This is a report that I write once a year to the Ethiopian government updating them on how Jacob is doing. It is also a report that his Ethiopian family can see and includes pictures. I like to have Jacob help me write the report and make sure I include anything he wants his Ethiopian family to know about him.

I always have trouble writing this report. It asks questions like how is his development and what challenges have we faced in the past year. The truth is that I haven't really faced any challenges with him. He is just always a great kid. He doesn't get in trouble often and when he does it is age appropriate and doesn't last past one time out.

I asked Jacob what he wants his birth family and the Ethiopian government to know. He stated he wants them to know that he is playing basketball and will be playing soccer and t-ball this year. I told him I would tell them that and that he is a wonderful kid.

Last night I tucked Jacob into bed as normal and told him how much I love him. He turned to me and stated, "I'm really lucky I got to come to America and have a mom." I always think I am the lucky one but I am glad to know he feels the same way. He still remembers living in the care center/ orphanage and waiting for his mom. When people ask if he is a "momma's boy" I always think of course he is. He knows what it's like to not have a mom and he is grateful we are together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this post! What a sweet boy you have. :)