Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall Fun and Down Time


Our child care crisis seems to be over for now and life has begun to settle down. The above picture was taken at a festival about an hour from our home. My friend was babysitting while I was at work and sent me this picture. Jacob has been having lots of fun while I work and doesn't even look back when I leave. It makes working and being away from him much easier when I know he is being well cared for and having fun.
So life around here is finally settling down. I have bee able to get started on some cleaning projects that have been on hold. I have reliable child care and am able to work overtime during the week off. I might even be able to go out with a friend later this week without any children! I just need to convince someone to watch Jacob while I am gone.
Jacob and I are preparing for his first Halloween here. We bought a small pumpkin at a farm last week and he has his halloween costume. We are going trick or treating next weekend. I think a friend is taking him trick-or-treating on halloween but once again I will be at work. I will probably try to take off work in the future so I can be with him but I am happy I will be able to be with him next week to celebrate. I am anxiously looking forward to experiencing Jacob's first American holiday season with him. Money is tight but we will still have fun making cookies, decorating and buying small gifts for family.

No comments: