Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Sad Few Days

Things have been difficult around our house lately. The woman pictured above is experiencing signifcant health problems. Mrs. G is experiencing serious memory problems and is no longer able to live on her own. She lived next door to us until yesterday when she moved in with her daughter. Jacob and I both loved Mrs. G. and will miss her dearly. I still keep looking out the window wishing I could see her walking down her driveway. I will miss our long talks and her advice whenever life started to feel like it was getting too difficult. Jacob asked where she was this morning and I had to explain why we would not see her anymore. Good bye Mrs. G. I hope you are happy in your new home.

Our former au pair is still living with us. That is a difficult situation as well. It is difficult to explain to a small child why his nanny and friend no longer wants to play with him or even talk to him. I guess I don't completely understand it either but we are moving on with our lives. We have a new babysitter that Jacob adores. It is nice to have someone he enjoys being with that I can completely trust and depend on.

So now, we are adjusting and grieving. It may be a little while before we feel like the adjustments are over and life slows down. In the meantime, I am concentrating on thinking about the many blessings I have. Beginning with my biggest blessing who is currently sleeping with his Diego doll and under his new Cars sheets. Life has many ups and downs. We are in a low spot now but we also know that there are many highs to come in the days, weeks and years ahead of us.

No comments: