Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Everything On Hold


Our family life is somewhat on hold at the moment. Human Services has been talking about placing a 1 year old boy, A, with me. A had a placement hearing earlier this month. The social worker expected him to be placed into foster care but he wasn't. The judge postponed his hearing until the end of the month for a variety of reasons. The social worker still believes he may enter foster care then. If that is the way A's case is decided, he will be placed in my home at that time. Until his court date, I will only be considered for a placement if there are no other families able to take a child. So I am on hold as far as a new foster child is concerned.
My hopes and plans for a second adoption have also been delayed. I came across several unexpected expenses over the past month. My pipe broke in the basement and the dog had a sore on her leg become infected. I also learned that Jacob's daycare has an additional activity fee for the Summer that I was not expecting. Those expenses along with several weeks with no overtime have left my finances feeling a little drained. I still hope to begin the process soon but it will most likely not be until next Winter at the earliest. The very latest will be February, 2010 but I really don't anticipate it will take that long.
There are a couple of other possible scenarios and opportunities that may affect my adoption plans but most likely they won't come through. For now, I anticipate adopting another child from Ethiopia in 2010 or 2011. It really isn't as long as it seems like.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

I'm sorry, Heather. Setbacks in our plans are often hard to take.

Angela :-)