Sunday, November 15, 2009

Beauty Salon

How children see the world continues to amaze me. One of my favorite things about being a mom is watching my children learn and explore the world. Even simple things like playing rhyming games brings me joy. Last night the boys decided my hair needed combing and styling (sorry no pictures). Here is what each boy said as he combed my hair.

Jacob: Put your head down and hold still. This might hurt a lot but it's something we have to do. Don't move so it doesn't hurt as much. (He then gently combed my hair.)

M: (As he violently combs my hair quickly and hard) This going to hurt. This going to hurt. This going to hurt.

M would then back up and check out his work. When I would ask if it was beautiful he would sadly shake his head and comb some more. After about 4 tries he announced that I was finally beautiful. Maybe he will be a hair stylist when he grows up.

No comments: