Sunday, December 13, 2009

Job Search Begins

I have started a job search. I received notice yesterday that they are laying off 18 second and third shift employees and I will be forced to move to second or third shift. I don't know how long the layoffs will last but second and third shift won't work for me long-term. I do not have child care during those hours and there is no licensed care in my community after 6 pm. I don't mind working some evening hours even a few days a week but I can't be out until midnight or 7 AM on a daily basis.

I will be changing shifts on January 1 until either the layoffs end or I can find a new job. I qualify for a training social work certificate now and am only 5 months away from the permaenent certificate. I will do what I have to do to take care of my children and not endanger M's placement and potential adoption. Please send good thoughts and prayers that I can either convince the department that moving me to 2nd or 3rd shift will hurt my family or that I find a new job soon.

2 comments:

WICarrie said...

praying for you!

Angela :-) said...

That stinks.

Good luck with the job hunt!

Angela :-)