Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where's Jakey?

One of my favorite things about being Jacob and M's mom is watching them bond and become true brothers. They are proof that you don't have to look alike or even be born in the same country to be brothers and a true family.

A couple weeks ago I took Jacob and M to church. M had only gone up front for the children's sermon a couple times before and was still trying to figure out how it all works. I gave him 2 quarters and he promptly dropped one. We couldn't find it right away so I told him to just take the 1 quarter. H put his quarter in the basket and then sat down next to Jacob.

I couldn't really see him from where I was sitting and was enjoying the story when I heard M yelling, "Mom! Mom!" from the aisle. Mr. Doug showed him where I was and he walked over. He asked me for another "token" for the basket. I told him he wasn't getting anymore. He then crawled under all of the pews back to the front of the church. There were a number of quiet giggles from the people around me and I was trying hard not to laugh myself.

M walks into the middle of the group of kids (probably about 20 of them), looks around and begins yelling very loudly. "Jakey! Jakey! Where's my Jakey!?!" Jacob pulled him down and he sat quiet for the rest of the sermon. The adults in the church were doing there best not to laugh but I could hear the muffled giggles. Of course, I had my face in my hands and was doing my best not to laugh as well. At least everyone knows they love each other and are brothers. Not that anyone doubted it before this.

No comments: