Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking At The Past Year

2009 has come to an end. The boys and I celebrated by attending a large family event downtown last night. The boys were able to ride a miniature train and play in some large bouncers. They also enjoyed the concerts and I just enjoyed spending some time with the kids. Believe it or not, I was able to spend 3 hours with a 2 year old and 4 year old with no tantrums or fights! Unfortunately all of the pictures include pictures of M and I can't post his for a few more months at least.

Here is a look at some of the more exciting accomplishments of 2009:

1) M completely transitioned into our home. He is now securely attached, feels secure and trusts that his needs will always be met. This is most evident by his willingness to throw food when he gets mad or share it with the dog. I must be one of only a few moms who have ever been excited because my son wanted to throw food at McDonald's.

2) Jacob learned to ride a "big bike" and received his first 2 wheeler (with training wheels).

3) I started graduate school and aced my first semester.

4) I began my internship and loved it.

5) We took a family vacation with two teenagers I mentor. We suprised my aunt in Colorado. She was expecting the boys and me but never got the message that the teenagers were coming. Oops! I guess I will make sure to call her myself next time and not depend on text messages to my cousin to pass the information along. It worked out well though and we all had fun.

6) We have a new "little sister" P. It has been great getting to know her.

7) I learned to make tres leches cake and jello poke cake. It may not seem like a big deal but I just don't do much baking.

No comments: