Thursday, March 4, 2010

Busy Life Update

Life has been busy, chaotic and mostly wonderful. As you probably guessed by the lack of posts, I am back in school now. I am also behind in work which is something I am not comfortable with. Spring break is in a week and a half and I plan to catch up on school work then. So what else has gone on lately? Well here is a quick update.

- Jacob and M changed daycares. They love their new school. Jacob is struggling a little but still loves it. He was very popular at his old school and had a lot of great friends. He is struggling a little with being the new kid and wants everyone to love him immediately. He has made a couple close friends but is upset that he doesn't have the fan club he used to have. He will soon. It's only been a couple weeks. His teachers report he is doing well. Apparently another child came right before Jacob and is having some difficulties making friends and Jacob is hearing the comments and worried they are directed at him too. We have talked about it but it will just take some time.

- I scheduled M's birthday party. It is still a couple months away but I wanted to make sure I got the room and date we want. He will be 3 years old. Where does the time go?

- School has been going okay. I don't have the time to study that I did last semester so my grades won't be quite as good. I'm not in danger of not passing I just wish I had a little more time to study.

- Jacob passed the last level of preschool swimming lessons. He will continue in the last level until he is 6 or the Y states he is mature enough to move to the youth lessons. Either way he is continuing to learn and become a better swimmer.

- I didn't get the job I was hoping for. It's okay though. I know that I will find the right job at the right time. I would prefer to wait until after this school semester anyway. I need to finish my internship so I can get licensed.

- I have begun searching for study guides for the national social worker exam. I have heard that the exam is very difficult so I want to make sure I know what to review and study. I hope to take the exam this summer.

- I have begun making lists of things that need to get done on the house in case we need to move next year. The list is long so I won't actually start on it until school is over. I have begun spring cleaning though.

- The animals have begun to shed. The puppy is shedding in clumps which are easy to pick up. The other animals are getting hair on everything so the housekeeper is working hard to keep up. I have her coming every week instead of every other week and it seems to be helping.

Overall, we are doing very well. We miss hanging out with our friends and extended family. I am really hoping to have more time to hang out with everyone this summer.

No comments: