Monday, May 7, 2007

He's still a baby!




Someone told me yesterday that Jacob is "approaching two." A mother of another boy the same age as Jacob stated her son was "almost two." I don't agree! He has four and a half months to go. It's not that I don't want him to grow up. It's that I want him to remain my baby for as long as possible. Maybe part of it is because I missed so much of his infancy. I think it is just that I really like the age he is at now.

I do have to admit that he is growing up fast. He started swimming lessons and preschool last week. He cried during swimming lessons and reminded me that he is still a baby. Preschool meets for 1 1/2 hours one day a week. He loves it! The teachers stated he didn't cry or miss me at all! He also spent the entire hour in the church nursery without showing any anxiety. He had fun watching some of the older kids play and tried to follow them around.

I know it won't be long befoe he is two. I just want to enjoy these last few months of him being one. He is such a joy (when not having a tantrum because he is tired and didn't get what he wanted).

No comments: