Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Wonderful 1st Mothers Day!


Today was my first mother's day. It was my mother's 29th mother's day. Jacob is pictured with her above opening her candy bar. We had a wonderful day planned. The two girls I have mentored for the past 7 years spent the night last night, went to church with us this morning and then spent the afternoon with us at my parents' house. My brother was there along with my dad and our au pair. Some of my favorite people that I love gathered today to celebrate not only mothers but each other.
I got a necklace and earrings from my son. My mother helped him pick them out. That wasn't my favorite part of the day though. My favorite time was before the day started. Jacob woke up early (he often does when people stay overnight). I brought him into my bed and laid down with him. My favorite moment was then. Watching him smile while snuggling against me and staring into my face. He followed it with a very tight hug around my neck. It was one of those moments that I will always cherish. The realization that I am a mother of a little boy that I love more than I could ever imagine.
I can only imagine how I will feel when Jacob is 29 years old. I hope that he loves me and appreciates me as I appreciate and love my mom. Happy Mother's Day Mom! I hope we can share many more together.

No comments: