Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Praying for child #2

I admit some people think I am crazy. Things at my house are completely chaotic. I have a 21-year-old au pair living out of my living room. I cannot walk around my house at night and feel obligated to hang out in my bedroom at night. And yet, I feel a growing urge to begin adopting again.

No. I'm not crazy and I do know that I need to wait a few more months to begin. Unfortunately, it may be more than a few months. I need money to adopt again. Someone suggested I ask for donations. Of course, I am more than happy to accept any. I also am trying to think of some more creative ways to raise money. For Jacob's adoption, I worked 10 to 20 hours of overtime each week and was able to rapidly save money. That won't be possible this time. I cannot work as much and still be a good mom to my son. So if anyone has any ideas on how I can raise money creatively, let me know.

My hope is to adopt a child from Ethiopia. There are rumors that Ethiopia may limit single women to special needs children. Since Jacob was considered a special needs child, this doesn't completely scare me. I am also considering a little girl from Russia if Ethiopia is not a possibility. I am praying that God will lead me to the child that is meant to be part of my family. I am also praying that He help me find the money to bring this sweet girl into my home. There are many children that need loving homes. Rather than bring another child into this world, it will be better to give a home to one who needs it. The final outcome is the same. Love between a mother and her children.

News on the au pairs. Things are going well with Veronica. Trudie is scheduled to leave this weekend. We will miss Trudie but it sure will be nice to have my home back.

No comments: