Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ethiopian Celebration!


Jacob and I had a great time at the Ethiopian Kids Celebration picnic last weekend. It was so wonderful to see all of the children thriving and having a great time. The highlight was definitelly seeing some of the people from our travel group. I was so happy to see all of the children well adjusted and growing fast. I am already looking forward to next year's picnic.
Jacob is no longer a baby. It is hard to admit but definitelly true. He made the big jump to a "big boy bed" today. He loves it. He has his own toddler sized pillow, blankets and soon sheets. As soon as the crib side came down and the bed transformed before his very eyes, he giggled and jumped onto the bed. It is so nice to know he can now go to bed when he wants and get up when he wants (hopefully not 3 AM). My baby is now an independant, talkative (1-2 word sentences), playful little boy. Gone are many of the baby things I loved. I am so proud of him.
I am still deciding how to come about child #2. The decision would be so easy if I had about 10-15 thousand dollars. I would immediately begin the process to adopt #2 from Ethiopia. I just do not know if I will be able to find the money. My only hope is that I am able to save the money over the next couple of years. I never thought I would find the money for adoption #1 so I just need to keep faith that this adoption will work out as well. Even if it takes a couple years, I know the money will come eventually.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Heather, it was great to see you & Jacob again! Thanks for letting us crash your supper spot. If you ever make it to ND, you can stay with us.

Angela :-)