Friday, July 6, 2007

Waiting for a new au pair

Jacob and I are anxiously waiting to be assigned a new au pair. I had to end our match with the previous one early. I hated doing it but I was left with no choice. She gave Jacob great care but there were some other issues that prevented me from continuing to have her care for him. I am hoping we will have a new one soon.

I have spent the last two days trying to arrange childcare for Jacob. I received several promising offers from an ad on Craig's List. I decided not to hire someone for just three or four weeks. Jacob will be attending daycare instead. I could not find a second shift daycare so I had to get creative. He will be attending daycare from 2PM until 6 PM. My parents or a friend will be watching him after daycare until I get home from work. It is not my favorite option but will work for a few weeks.

Jacob begins daycare this afternoon. I think he will really enjoy it. We toured the classroom yesterday and he really liked all of the bikes and toys. He should have fun and make some new friends.

No comments: