Sunday, July 1, 2007

Adoption On Hold

I have decided to hold off on plans for a second adoption. I want one or two more children very badly. I just cannot quite decide for sure how I want to have those children. I am still seriously considering foster care adoption but am not sure now is the right time. I have also considered having a child by birth. I would love to experience pregnancy. If I adopt through foster care, I will probably not be able to have a child by birth.

I am not sure what I will do. There are no guarantees I will be able to have a baby. If I can't, I have plenty of time to adopt later. Unfortuantely, there will always be children in need of a loving home. So for now, I am going to consider my options for awhile. I will speak to some doctors and find out the details on my options. I will also attend the orientation session for foster care and then make an informed decision. I may make the decision in the next month or it may take many months. Either way, I need to make sure I do what is right for my family. I will let everyone know when I make a decision and know something for sure.

No comments: