Saturday, November 17, 2007

An Evening With Uncle Chuck


Jacob's babysitter had to cancel yesterday. Apparently, her son is sick and unable to be around other children. Since my parents are out of town, that left me scrambling and begging people to help me out. I called my brother and he quickly stated he would be happy to help me out. Despite the fact that Chuck has never changed a diaper on a real person or been responsible for a child under about 8 years old, he did very well.
Jacob, Uncle Chuck and I stayed at my parents last night. There are a lot of reasons why this arrangement is better than our house or my brother's apartment. When we got up this morning, Jacob followed Uncle Chuck around the house saying "Unca Cuck." He really loves his uncle and was very excited to be able to spend time with him. (The picture above was taken a couple weeks ago but the relationship and faces haven't changed.)

No comments: