Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!




It will be Thanksgiving in just a few hours. This will be Jacob's 1st Thanksgiving in America. I hope he enjoys it. We are going to my parents house to enjoy the day with my brother. My parents are still in Antartica but we will be thinking about them and missing them. Here are the reasons I am thankful this year.

1) For all of our family and friends (including my new Ethiopian family and Jacob's birth family).

2) For the love and support we receive from our friends and family.

3)For my son! I cannot believe we have been a family for 8 months. It still seems like a dream to me.

4)For a warm home, clothes and food in our bellies.

5) To live in a country where good medical care is available.

6) To live in a country where I don't have to worry about wars and can feel safe in my home.

7) For all the blessings God gives me that I am not even aware of.

8) For every moment I spend with my son. Yes, that even includes when he is having a tantrum and testing me.

9) For our health.

10) For the strength God gave me as I suffered through losing family members that I love and miss dearly.

There are many other things I am thankful for. Despite my frustrations at times, I am very lucky and blessed. I may sometimes feel overwhelmed but I never forget how good I have it. Especially when I see my son playing or smiling.

No comments: