Monday, November 12, 2007

They Are Off To Antartica!



My parents (Jacob's grandparents) have left for Antarctica. They will be gone for 23 days. This will be the first time that they will be gone for more than just a few days since Jacob came home. I am nervous but also very happy that they are able to go on the trip.
My parents have really been the supportive rock that I hoped they would be. They love Jacob and enjoy spending time with him. I can (and do) call them at any time day or night when I need an emergency babysitter. Knowing that I am going for 23 days without that is scary but I have friends and my brother that I can call if I need to. I will miss having the security of knowing they are available and of being able to call for advice anytime I have a question.
Jacob wakes up every morning and asks to go to "Bampa's house." He gets upset when we do not see them for a couple of days. He will really miss going over and playing chase with Bampa and reading about cars with Grandma. It is so much fun to watch them have the relationship that I always wished I could have had with my grandparents (mine didn't live near me).
Twenty-three days will go by quickly. Jacob will be bigger and I will have learned a few more lessons on parenting while they are gone. We will miss them but know that they are going on an exciting adventure. I hope they have fun and look forward to seeing them when they return.

No comments: