Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A New Routine

I started my internship today! It was a great first day and I learned a lot. I am now exhausted but feel great after getting home. The boys did really well too. Our new schedule has them staying at daycare until about 5:15 PM on the days I do my field work. When I work my normal paying job I usually run some errands and pick them up between 4 and 4:15 so it is a change for them.

Jacob and M handled the change well. They enjoyed having an extra hour with me in the morning while we got ready for the day. I told them both I would be a little late picking them up but not to worry. They didn't. Jacob was reading books with his teacher and was upset that he had to leave. M was wrestling with his teacher and appeared to be winning :) I found him jumping on top of her and both of them laughing and giggling. He didn't stop until I said I was leaving. I think he would have stayed all night if I would have let him. He also gave his teacher a hug good-bye which I have never seen him do before.

We got home tonight and I made an easy dinner. We ended up eating about 45 minutes later than normal. I then folded and put away a load of laundry, started another load, did a load of dishes and started the dishwasher. The boys are playing happily and we will start our bedtime routine in just a few minutes.

Not bad for a first day and a change to our routine. I go back to work tomorrow and then hope to have a four day weekend. I'll find out tomorrow if I got Friday off work but it looks good. Then it is back to work until Wednesday when I hope to be able to go to my internship. Again, I won't know for sure until Tuesday but it looks promising. Wednesday I am scheduled to attend a couple of meetings that I really don't want to miss. My paying job has to come first though so we will see what happens.

The new school year is off to a great start. Classes start September 14 so we are able to slowly adjust to our busier lives. I think it will go well though.

No comments: