Friday, March 30, 2007

What a difference a day makes


JM is sleeping through the night and not even waking up once (or at least not crying). What was the difference? The doctor found 2 parasites and JM started taking medications to get rid of them. I thought that might be part of the problem when I realized he was waking up right before using the bathroom. Poor guy. He seems much happier now.


Our separation anxiety is also much better. He will now let me go outside to let the dog in or get the mail without crying. He seems to finally understand that I will return. He still prefers me over other people and that is the way it should be. I am just happy that he now trusts that I will not ever leave him and he is safe here.


JM has also learned that sharing food with the dog is fun. What amazes me is that the dog will never steal food from JM and waits patiently for JM to decide to share. The dog is also very gentle and never runs too close to JM. Yesterday I found JM using the dog as a pillow. I guess the nurturing instincts are coming out in the dog. Now if I can only get JM to be nicer to the dog and cats.


We seem to be settling in well with most of our toughest days behind us. JM still wants cuddling but he is still a baby. It has been so much fun watching him grow and learn the past couple of weeks. I can't imagine life without him.

No comments: