Saturday, September 15, 2007

Congratulations Jacob!

I heard the words I was hoping to hear in the near future. Jacob's preschool teacher recommended that he move up to the 2-3 year old class. He is currently in a class for 1 1/2 to 2 year olds and doing well. He can participate on projects and follow directions. Now, if I can figure out how to get him to do well when I am in the room. Sunday School is still a challenge but a little age will help a lot there too.

Jacob will be 2 years old later this week. He is proving it. I have been very good at ignoring his tantrums. After I ignored two of them earlier this week, he decided he needed more practice. A little later in the morning, I found him practicing tantrums. He would run around in a circle, throw his arms up and then throw himself on the ground pretending to cry. It did make me laugh but I will still continue to ignore tantrums. It is comforting to know he is a typical two-year-old and developmentally on task.

No comments: