Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter


Jacob had a great time dying Easter eggs. It was even more fun eating the one we dropped and cracked after dying it.
"There it is!" This was taken the moment Jacob found his basket. The Easter Bunny hid it behind his "garage" and dump truck. That sneaky Easter Bunny!

Mmmm! Look at all the goodies and toys!

This was Jacob's second Easter here although I doubt he remembers last years. He keeps asking if the Easter Bunny can "come back more." The Easter Bunny brought Jacob a picnic basket, police car with a police officer, play doh and lots of candy. We don't normally buy candy or much junk food so the candy is a huge treat. Jacob and the dog are now on day 2 of sugar highs. Oh the joy of being young at Easter!

Jacob and I had a very busy weekend. We died Easter eggs on Friday, met our new foster daughter on Saturday and spent Sunday at church and Grandma and Grandpa's house. I had to work in the afternoon so Jacob had a great time with his grandparents and Uncle Chuck.

I am sure everyone is wondering about our new foster daughter. As I have mentioned in the past, I have just completed the licensing process to become a foster mom. I found out last week that I was matched with a 3 year old girl who needs a new home. I will refer to her as E for confidentiality reasons. We met E on Saturday and she appears to be a good fit for the family. Since E is a foster child, I will not be posting any pictures of her on here. I may share stories but nothing of a confidential nature. I don't know how long E will live here but plan to enjoy every moment I do have with her.

No comments: