Saturday, March 8, 2008

ONE YEAR AS A FAMILY!

It was one year ago today that I boarded a plane in eager anticipation of meeting my son. I anxiously waited for 26 hours as we made our journey to Ethiopia. The plane landed safely and the Ethiopians began to applaude. I began to cry. I was so grateful to be safely in the country where my son was waiting. The following week was filled with many highs and lows. Mostly I just tried to take in everything and enjoy all of it. There were moments of tears as the stress and emotions became too much and there were moments of joy as I gazed at my beautiful son.

Today marked the beginning of what would be a life changing event. The next year was full of wonderful moments. Attached is a link to a photo montage of Jacob's first year home. I hope you enjoy it.

View this montage created at One True Media
JACOB MITIKU: One Year Home

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are a beautiful family. Congratulations on your year anniversary.

Angela :-) said...

Great montage. Did you ever get your pink pj pants back from him? ;-)

Angela :-)