Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Adjustments Update

Jacob and I are into our second week of adjusting to 5AM alarm clocks and a first shift schedule. This is the first time in my life that I have had a job that was first shift. I have never had a job that was Monday through Friday but maybe that will happen someday. There are a few of those where I work and I may be able to have one if I want eventually. It will be years though so I will just enjoy daytime work hours for now.

I have found that I am waking up at 5 pretty easily now. On my days off, I gladly sleep until at least 6:30. Jacob is still having difficulty with the new schedule. He has difficulty falling asleep before 9:00 despite laying down as early as 7:30 PM. On days off, he is easily sleeping until after 7 AM. On our early mornings, I have to work on getting him out of bed. He tells me to "Leave me alone Mommy" and "I'm still sleeping."

I do have hope though. He went to bed at about 8:20 PM tonight. We were a little late getting home after spending time with my parents. They were out of town for Mother's Day so we wanted to give my mom her gift. By the time Jacob had his bath, brushed his teeth and we read a story, it was about 8:10 PM. He quickly fell asleep but after refusing to go to sleep until almost 9:30 last night and getting up at 5:30 this morning, he was very tired.

Jacob is doing well at his new daycare/preschool. He is very excited to go to a farm in a couple weeks. Today he told me he would be seeing cows and riding the school bus. He is now out of diapers (as of last Sunday) and able to go all day without any (or no more than one) accident. He loves the miniture bathroom at his school including small working toilet and sink. His school really emphasizes independance and I can see it already. His favorite phrase the past two weeks is "I do it myself Mommy!"

No comments: