Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Prayers Needed

Jacob was born in the Southern part of Ethiopia. He still has birth family living there. I was fortunate enough to travel to this part of the country and met some very beautiful, happy and loving people there. I also met members of his birth family while there. This was by far the most difficult and emotional part of my trip to Ethiopia. I will never forget the faces of the people, especially children, I met there.

This situation is very bad there right now. People are starving and dying. I do not know how Jacob's birth family is doing and can only pray that they are alright. I don't want to think about what they or the other people there are going through. It is difficult to sit in my living room on the other side of the world and not be able to help. All I can do is pray and ask others to pray too. The following is a link to an article about the current draught and possible famine in Southern Ethiopia right now. As you read the article, remember that Jacob could have been one of these children.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24731042/

No comments: