Saturday, May 3, 2008

Good Bye E

E left our home today. She was a very sweet little girl who deserves the best. She has had a tough life and I hope that it improves from here on out. E had some behavioral concerns that made me feel she was a threat to Jacob's emotional and physical safety. After a few serious incidents, I decided that I could not put Jacob at risk. It was not an easy decision. I have shed tears over it and will probably continue to mourn her departure for awhile.

I expect another placement soon and have requested a child younger than Jacob. I have done this for several reasons. I need to know that Jacob is safe when I am busy doing chores in a different room. I also believe that their will be less feelings of conflict, threats and power struggles if the foster children are younger than Jacob. I do believe that E could have been successful in our family if she had been younger than Jacob. I also know that moving her was the best decision for everyone. I was not sure I would be able to keep everyone safe with her here. I also could not give her the attention she needed and give Jacob the attention he deserved.

There are many stories and details that I do not feel comfortable sharing with others. Just trust me when I say that I did hope E would be able to stay longer if not forever. I also do believe that she has found a good family who will be committed to her, accept her for who she is and be able to give her the attention she deserves and needs. She will be safe there and so will the other people in the household. I made the decision that I felt was best for my family as well as for E. We hope to continue to have contact with her and wish her the best of luck. Jacob and I do love her and already miss her.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

All I can say is that it is hard. Every time.

Angela :-)