Sunday, May 18, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

Ugh!!!! Just when I thought I had things figured out. Jacob has had just enough loose stools that he can't go to daycare tomorrow. Normally I would try to take him anyway since he is right at the cut-off for being able to go. He is potty training though so I won't be able to just hope he makes it through the day. He is complaining of an upset stomach but doesn't have a fever, isn't sleeping more than normal and seems to have just as much energy as normal. Hopefully, it will have passed by Tuesday.

My dog is also whining. I went over to find out what was wrong and saw that her ankle is swollen. She has a hot spot there that she chews when she is stressed (and sometimes when she isn't). She also seems to be stepping a little more carefully than normal on it. I guess I am off to the vet with her tomorrow. She has had an infection from chewing that same ankle before so I know it isn't anything major. Just another unexpected crisis that needs to be handled.

No comments: