Thursday, May 8, 2008

Recap of the Week So Far

This week has been very hectic. I decided last Saturday to take Jacob out of diapers for a couple of days and see how he does. He had several accidents on Saturday but then only one on Sunday. I noticed that most of his mistakes are when he is busy playing or we are not at home. I decided he should probably go back to pull-ups when he is at daycare for awhile.

Jacob was not happy on Wednesday to wear a pull-up to school. I told him if he could use the potty at school, he could wear underwear. He went in the toilet twice and did not need diapers at all. Today he decided he wanted diapers again. It was probably good since we weren't home most of the day. I will try underwear again this weekend when I am not working. At least we are finally moving in the right direction.

I lost my first softball game of the season but it was still a success. I had a single for an RBI and also stole second base my first time up to bat. I had a great time and my confidence has definitelly improved. I can't wait to get back out there. I plan to go to the batting cage tomorrow and work some more on my hitting.

I don't really have much news on our friend A. It sounds like she is still in the hospital. I hope to have an update soon. Please keep her in your prayers. It has to be pretty scary to be sick and only 3 years old.

I also don't have an update on my next foster care placement. I expect it any day now. Last word I heard was that the social workers were expecting to move him in the next week or so. It is still somewhat undecided. I have the spare bedroom ready including the crib so I can accept a child at any time. I am guessing I will hear something next week.

No comments: