Monday, August 17, 2009

Thankful For Good Daycare

Thre is nothing more comforting than knowing your children are well cared for when you are not there. I have spent quite a bit of time at my children's daycare and am constantly amazed. The teachers are very patient even when the children are having some very rough days. I have never seen a teacher lose her patience despite the best efforts of the children.

Many daycares are very inflexible with the hours the children are allowed there. They limit the children to a certain number of hours a day and do not like when parents are changing the children's hours. I emailed the director today because I need my children to attend 10.5 hours on the days I have my internship this year. The daycare director stated it would not be a problem. They don't complain if I pull the kids out early or call an hour before pick-up to state I am working late. As a single parent, I really appreciate their flexibility. It is so nice to know that I don't have to worry about the boys while I try to juggle all of the rest of life's responsibility.

Only 4 more weeks until school starts and 3 weeks until my internship begins.

No comments: