Saturday, August 15, 2009

Settling In

We have been back from vacation for a few days now and are finally beginning to settle back into our normal routine. It seems like life has just been really crazy lately. When I picked Jacob up from daycare yesterday he stated, "It is going to be another crazy day today. Isn't it Mom?" Here are some highlights from our lives the last few days.

-The biggest project I have going right now is trying to clean my bedroom and get laundry done. One of my cats had an emergency while I was gone. My friend found her and we were able to get her medical care so that she is fine now. Before she was found, she managed to urinate in my closet, laundry basket and pull everything off of my dresser and out of my closet. It was a huge mess to come home to. I decided it was a good time to do a very complete and detailed cleaning since everything was torn apart anyway.

-Jacob had another dermatology appointment on Wednesday morning. We were the first appointment of the day at the surgery center. That allowed us to drive to where I will have an interview for an internship. The internship will be in child protective services and should be a great experience. Jacob and I found the place without a problem. On our way home, we stopped for ice cream and a hair cut. We also picked M up from daycare and ran a few more errands.

-I returned to work on Thursday. I was planning to go home after work and try to tackle some of the laundry and other chores from vacation yet. Instead, I received an email from M's social worker. She was working on a report and wanted to see him. I agreed that she could stop by that night. She ended up not arriving until 5:30 PM and left around 6. I decided it was way to late for grocery shopping before dinner so I took the kids to Taco Bell. By this time, I was exhausted so we stopped to say hi to my dad on the way home. It is an easy way for me to get some help entertaining the kids and a chance to relax a little bit without worrying about all of the unfinished chores.

-Yesterday we saw P again. You may remember she is my little sister through Big Brothers/Big Sisters. We hadn't seen her in about 3 weeks because of vacation. I still haven't made it to the store so we went to Noodles and Company for dinner. From there we went to the park and then just hung out until it was time to take her home.

-My brother was at my parents house last night so we stopped there. It was late but we had a very overdue birthday present to give him. The kids were having so much fun and behaving so well that I was really enjoying the visit. We ended up staying until almost 9:00. That meant hustling home and to bed since we had to get up early again today for work.

As you can see, I just haven't had much time to do anything lately. I still have unpacked suitcases and laundry to do. We are hoping to attend a birthday party for a little while tonight. After the party, we will have to stop at the grocery store and then head straight home. I am hoping to get at least a couple loads of laundry done and the suitcases put away before bedtime tonight.

I am beginning to think we need another vacation just to catch up from the last vacation.

No comments: