Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swimming Amazement

Jacob amazed me and several other parents last night. We were at the city swimming pool and I decided to see if Jacob could swim without me holding him and in water over his head. Before you call social services, I was right there with my hands within inches of his body.

Jacob has been doing excellent in the pool. He has been floating on his stomach for a couple weeks now. Last time we were swimming, he was able to doggy paddle around the pool in a life jacket. So last night I thought I would see how he did without the life jacket.

I was amazed! Not only did he not sink, he is able to doggy paddle and swim about five feet before reaching for my hand. He spent about 40 minutes swimming between me, J, B and the wall. It was a great time.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Way to go, Jacob M.!

Angela :-)