Thursday, July 31, 2008

Eye Problems

Jacob had an eye exam two days ago. I was told by the doctor that he probably has glaucoma. It is in the eye affected by his birth mark. I always knew that he could someday develop glaucoma in that eye but it still was painful to hear. His vision is still perfect in the eye so that was good.

We returned to the doctor yesterday and were told that it is most likely a kind of glaucoma that can be treated with eye drops. He probably will not need surgery and it is an easier kind to treat. Yeah! I was very relieved to hear that. We go in for an eye exam under anesthesia in a couple weeks to make sure it is glaucoma and that there aren't any other problems with his eye.

As much as I hate to hear a scary diagnosis like glaucoma, I am relieved that it can probably be treated. I am also very happy that the doctor caught it before Jacob's vision was affected. Who knows? Maybe he will be able to hit a 90 mph fast ball and be a major league baseball player after all.

Of course, prayers that the doctors are able to treat it quickly without surgery are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Prayers said.

Angela :-)