Friday, July 18, 2008

Swimming, The County Fair and More




It has been a very busy and fun week. I decided that I was tired of wasting my late afternoons and evenings around the house. Summer is passing by just too quickly.
Jacob and I went swimming twice this week. As I mentioned in my last post, he is getting much better at it. It is one of our favorite activities so I decided we need to do it more often. We have a membership to the YMCA so there is no reason not to use the pool there more often. I also plan to try the city swimming pool either tonight or next week.
The county fair is in town this week. Jacob went with his daycare on Wednesday. He had so much fun that I took him back with a friend last night. Today his grandmother wanted to go, so we went again. He loves the animals. Today he was able to pet two rabbits, week old twin goats and a cow. He played a game at the midway and won a ball. We ate tons of food that is very bad for us and enjoyed playing at some of the indoor exhibits. Jacob loved the sandbox full of corn.
Jacob and I are meeting with other families with single moms tomorrow morning. We are leaving from there and going directly to our friend's house on the lake. She is another single-mother-by-choice with a daughter about Jacob's age. They are renting this house for the week. Jacob and I are returning home sometime on Sunday. Hopefully, we will be ready to start another work week on Monday. I guess we are making up for some of the Summer that slipped by us.

No comments: