Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baseball Review and Team Uniforms

So I actually spoke to Jacob last night about baseball. He was very excited to tell me all about it. I think he's still a little nervous and seems to think that telling me he is scared (of just about anything) is a good way to get attention. The truth is he had fun and kept telling me about his three coaches (2 are actually parent helpers) and hitting the ball off the tee. He said his coaches taught him how to run the bases but now he wants to practice throwing the baseball and playing catch with me. We will probably work on that his afternoon.

I am still searching for the lost backpack. I emailed his coach and am hoping someone on the team picked it up. I haven't heard back from the coach yet. Jacob has another practice coming up soon so I am hoping someone will have it there for us.

Jacob got his uniform. He is excited but I am a little upset about it. The team is comprised of four and five year olds. The coach stated he didn't really look at the shirts when they gave them to him. The shirts were all adult larges. They fit me. It goes down to just a few inches above Jacob's ankles and the neckline goes halfway down his chest. I'm not sure how he is going to be able to play in it. The coach suggested drying it on high but that didn't work. Even if it did, I don't see how you get an adult large to shrink enough to fit preschoolers. We paid a lot of money for this team and it is disturbing that they can't get us a uniform t-shirt in the right size.

I am hoping some parents complain and they decide to get us different shirts. I have chosen not to say anything because I don't want to be "one of those parents." Jacob loves his shirt and that is what is really important. He was a little bothered by how much the adults were laughing at him last night but I am sure he will get over it soon.

The season starts in three weeks. I hope he has fun.

No comments: