Monday, April 9, 2007

I hope you had a great Easter!



I hope everyone had a good Easter. I spoke to Jacob about the Easter Bunny, showed him the Easter Bunny at the mall and explained that he would leave presents on Easter morning. I didn't think Jacob understood. I was wrong. He woke up an hour early and was told to "look for your Easter basket." He looked under the table and couch and then found it by the front door. He really enjoyed finding the toys and eating the chocolate.
We went to church and he went to the nursery for the first time. I was a little nervous about how he would react. He loved it. I checked on him towards the end of the service and he was happily playing with some cars. He didn't start crying until after the parents began arriving to pick up their children. He really loves talking to everyone at church and has even learned how to shake hands. He just doesn't like it when the greeting is over and he has to be quiet.
Jacob is continuing to amaze me. I keep telling him to "be nice" to the animals. This is often followed by a short timeout when he refuses to stop hitting them or pulling on their ears and tails. He throws a fit if I try to show him how to "pet nicely." This morning he seems to finally be understanding how to treat them. He took a bowl, spoon and plate over to the dog this morning. Jacob mixed some pretend food up, scooped it onto the plate and then gave the plate to the dog. The dog was kind enough to play along and lick the plate. Jacob finished by petting the dog nicely as he walked by her. His whole face lit up when I told him how nice he was being and "good job." This lesson just took a little longer to learn than some of the others.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

The date must be wrong on your camera. :-) I know you didn't have him in 2006. LOL

Angela :-)