Friday, February 15, 2008

The Best Valentine Ever!

I received the best valentine ever last year. It was Valentine's Day 2007 that I received the phone call that we had made it through court and I could travel March 10. I made a frantic call to my dad who started calling the travel agent for tickets. I called work and told them I was leaving on March 8 to travel to Ethiopia to meet my son. I can be single the rest of my life but Valentine's Day will always be special in my heart.

This year I received the second best valentine ever. I received a card and some soap from my son. The card was "signed" by him and given to me with a huge grin on his face. Jacob may be my best valentine's day gift but his cards, art projects and smiles will always be special.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone (one day late)!

No comments: