Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Night Alone

Last night was the first night I have been away from Jacob in the almost eleven months I have had Jacob. It wasn't planned and I am very grateful my dad agreed to take him in the middle of the night for me.

I had an incident occur at work at 10:30 last night. I normally get off at 11:00 and pick Jacob up from the babysitters' house after that. It is very rare that I am late getting off and when I am my dad will take him and we spend the night at his house. I am usually there within an hour or so.

Last night was different. I am one of only a handful of Spanish speakers at work. The incident at 10:30 resulted in a large amount of paperwork. While I was just starting the hour plus of paperwork, another incident occurred that tied me up for two more hours. I had spoken to my dad at midnight and was told to just leave Jacob at their house and sleep at mine when I got off. At the time, I thought I would be home shortly after 1:00 AM. I was wrong. I was finally cleared to leave work at 3:45 AM! I am so glad these types of nights are extremely rare!

I got home shortly after 4 AM and went directly to bed. I got up at 8:30 AM to take the kids I mentor to church and meet my parents and Jacob for breakfast. I was happy to see Jacob again and really did miss him I just wasn't happy t only get 4+ hours of sleep.

Jacob is now in bed. As soon as I am sure he is asleep, I will be going to sleep myself. We had a busy day despite my lack of sleep and I look forward to writing about it soon. For now, I think it is time to dream about our big plans for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

That stinks. But, isn't it awesome that you have family to help you out! (And, that it's only happened once in 11 months?)

Angela :-)