Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A New Bed!


As part of our process to prepare for a foster child, Jacob is changing bedrooms. When he first came home, I was planning on having au pairs live here and watch him. I gave Jacob the smaller of the spare rooms so that the adults would have the larger rooms. Now that we are preparing for a new child to live here, I decided it was time to give Jacob the larger room. I also need to make sure that I have him ready to move out of his crib/toddler bed in case we need the crib for a young toddler or infant.
I took Jacob to the store and let him pick whatever bed he wanted. His eyes grew wide and he smiled from ear to ear as he yelled, "Choo choo bed!" Our family friend, Diane, helped us pick the bed up later that day and put it together. Jacob now loves his choo choo bed. He isn't crazy about sleeping in it at night but he has never been crazy about sleeping in his own bed at night. Hopefully with time, he will learn to spend the night in his room. For now, just having it there and using it for naps is a start.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Awesome bed, Jacob! :-)

Angela :-)