Monday, April 14, 2008

Reassurance Needed

Reassurance needed right now. It has been a difficult week and I think I am beginning to wear down. I know that I am doing my best. I have friends who have given me great advice and the social workers seem pleased with what I am doing. I just wish I had a magic wand to solve all of the behavioral and emotional problems I am seeing. Since I don't, I can only continue to try.

I am still working on ideas to raise money for another adoption. So far, I plan to have a garage sale and bake sale next month. I wish I had some kind of easy craft project that I could put together quickly and sell but that is not my area of expertise. I do know that the kids and I can bake cookies, brownies and other goodies and sell them. I have found tables for holding our goods, a couple friends with some items they want to sell and a coffee pot to make coffee to sell. I am now hoping for good weather and a good turnout. I plan to sell most of Jacob's clothes that are too small and some of the toys that he doesn't use and that I won't want to use with the next child. I also plan to sell my old digital camera. It is only a year old but is fairly large. I bought a new one that is easier to take with me (it fits in my pocket) and I really don't need two cameras.

Once I go back to work in a few weeks, I can start to work some overtime again. There will be more available now that I am on dayshift. I can't work as much as I did while raising money for Jacob's adoption but I can work some. I just need to make sure that his needs are met at the same time which means that he has enough time with me and we are able to still enjoy our lives together.

I just wish I had a crystal ball to tell me that I would be able to find the money I need for the adoption and that everything will work out well. I trust in God and know that if He wants me to adopt again, it will happen. He has never failed to help me find what I needed in the past and I know He will not fail me now.

1 comment:

Melodie Monberg said...

Hi Heather. We're raising money for our adoption as well. A project that I started this week was going through old clothes to sell them and raise funds. It's been hard to say the least. Craigslist is a great way for you to raise money too...we've sold most of the items we've listed in under a day. You will get there. You will! Be encouraged! - Melodie @ The Colorado Monbergs.