Here are 10 things you may not know about our family (indluded extended family):
1) Our family represents four different racial ethnicities.
2) There will soon be four family members who were adopted (one international, two foster care and one domestic).
3) Of our friends we speak to or see often, there is only one family that is a married couple with a biological child. Others have children through adoption, are single parents or are not married to their children's parents.
4) Jacob wants to be a doctor or firefighter when he grows up. M wants to be a police officer or a firefighter with Jacob.
5) Whenever someone says Jacob is lucky to be my son, I always tell them I am the lucky one because I was allowed to be his mom. Jacob interrupts and says, "No. I'm lucky your my mom." Maybe we are both blessed to have found each other.
6) Jacob's estimated birthday is 2 days after my Grandmother's. She is 86 years older than him.
7) M came to me exactly 1 day short of 1 year after Jacob's adoption was re-finalized. M came on August 21, 2008. Jacob's adoption was finalized in the US on August 22, 2007.
8) Jacob's first name has the same meaning as his Ethiopian name (Mitiku). They both mean replacement or he replaced him.
9) Jacob was also the name of my great-uncle. M's middle name is my father's name.
10) Jacob and M are 20 months apart in age. My brother and I are 20 months apart in age.