Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Tough Semester Is Coming To An End

Today was my last Saturday class of the semester. I have one more paper to write before Tuesday and class Tuesday and Thursday evening. It has been a long semester and one that I am really glad is coming to an end.

This semester has been a roller coaster ride. For awhile, I was really worried about school and my grades. Life was getting in the way and my grades weren't anywhere near where I had hoped they would be. M's case was hitting very critical points in the court system and I had a lot of stress surrounding that. I had to get my house ready for two home studies. One for my foster home license and one for M's adoption home study. I passed both home studies with flying colors and now am just waiting for the court process to finish. M's adoption and when I can show him to the world is still months away but we are getting closer every day. I don't have any control over the timing so I just work on helping him grow and our family continue to thrive. While all of this was going on, I still had school, work and my intership. It wasn't easy but I managed to raise my grades back to close to where I wanted them.

M and Jacob have done great. They are both thriving at their new school and I am so happy we made that switch. I am also happy that summer vacation is coming for all of us. It means more time with them. Since neither are working on academics and Jacob won't start the 4K curriculum until the fall, I can pull them out of daycare when I have days off during the week. My plan is to give myself one day alone to run errands and work around the house. The other two days off will be with them. Some days I will take one child to daycare and have alone time with the other. Other days I will take both together and we will enjoy family time together.

I am optimistic about the future. I found a career I love (child welfare) and know I will find a job in it when the timing is right. In the meantime, I am really looking forward to just hanging out with the kids more and finally having time to do some of the things we want to do.

No comments: