Monday, February 26, 2007

Almost ready!!!

JM's bedroom is finally finished and ready to go. Don't get me wrong. I still have a lot of work to do before I leave. This just means if I had to leave tomorrow, I could. I would just have some work to finish after we arrived back home.

JM's bedroom is a reflection of our old and new family. His crib is brand new along with the carpet (within the last year), his clothes and most of his toys. His toy box belonged to my brother when he was a child. It doesn't latch, air can get inside and the lid is light enough to be lifted from inside. My mother tells stories about my brother and me taking naps inside of it.

JMs dresser is an antique (sorry Mom). It was my mother's when she was a little girl. She used it for my brother and me when we were babies. My dad repainted it and it is now ready for JM to use. He will probably only use it for a few years and then get "big boy" furniture for his room. Hopefully, that will be when I am preparing for baby #2 but that definitelly won't be for a few years and even then may never happen.

I have my bags packed, JM's bags packed and we are just waiting for our plane to leave. Only 10 more days (12 days until I actually meet him). I am getting excited and nervous. The fear is beginning to subside as I remember that everything will be fine.

I still need a copy of JM's birth certificate so that I can fill out his immigration forms. I need a letter from the state giving JM permission to immigrage here as well as the USA. I have heard that internet service is down in Ethiopia but hopefully it will be back up soon. I still have some time so I won't panic yet. I trust everything will work out alright. I hand deliver the paperwork to our embassy in Ethiopia so I don't need the birth certificate until I actually leave anyway. The state will send an email to the embassy if we are running out of time.

I am trying to take my pastor's advice from a sermon earlier this year. I am trying to enjoy the journey. So far, I have been doing better lately. Each morning that I sleep in past 9 I enjoy it. I know that I won't be able to do that much longer. I know the future is very bright and soon I will have my son.

Enjoy the following pictures of JM's room.




No comments: