Monday, February 5, 2007

Welcome To My Blog


Welcome! I am new to the blogging world but excited to try this out! My name is Heather and I am in the process of adopting a boy from Ethiopia. JM is 16-months-old and waiting in the CHSFS orphanage. I am currently waiting for permission to travel to pick him up. My SW at CHSFS told me it will most likely be in March. My hope is that this blog will be a way for family and friends to watch my journey to becoming a single mom.


I thought I would tell you my part of the adoption journey. I will let JM tell his when he is older and when/if he wants to.


My journey officially began last May. I picked out a home study agency and began the paperwork. I was placed on the official waiting list in August. I waited patiently until November. I was exploring on the internet one afternoon and had this overwhelming need to see the waiting children on the CHSFS web site. I called the next morning and received permission to look at the children. About 5 minutes later, I was on the phone with the waiting children's SW telling her I had found my son.


My paperwork was finally completed (again) in December and mailed to Ethiopia on December 18. I have been waiting since then to travel to get him.

1 comment:

R&H said...

Congratulations on the referral of your son! I hope you get to hold him in your arms VERY soon!