Wednesday, February 14, 2007

JM is coming home!

JM is finally coming home and sooner than I expected! I received the call today. My official travel date is March 12. Because we plan to visit the southern part of the country, my parents and I will actually arrive in Addis on March 9. That is only 3 weeks (22 days) from now! I am not sure how to feel. I think I am still a little numb from the excitement. I do know that I have a lot of work to do in the next three weeks.

My SW told me that the agency felt really bad that my travel had been delayed and was causing added stress. They tried very hard to make sure I got a travel date as soon as possible and actually got me in a week earlier than they anticipated. I can't thank them enough! It was not there fault that my case was delayed by the courts. It was the not knowing when the end of the wait would come that was the worst. I know that the SWs at CHSFS are wonderful and did the best job they possibly could! I will never be able to fully express my gratitude to them. They have made me a mom!

Today was a day of great news. Not only did I get a travel date sooner than I expected, I also got a new assignment at work. I am now what they call task force. Basically, that means that I am no longer assigned to any one area of the sheriff's office. I officially belong to administration and they will have me work wherever they need me. I will need to receive some additional training before I can work too many new areas. After I am trained, I can be assigned to conveyances, civil processing (serve warrants) and the jail. There is also a rumor that task force will soon be helping to fill patrol vacancies. That would be nice but it will be quite awhile before I get my road training.

I will officially start my new assignment on April 1, 2007. Of course, that will be during my family leave so I won't actually start until late May. That is fine with me. To know that I only have 3 more weeks left assigned only to the jail and 3 more weeks until I meet my son is good enough for me. I just don't know which happy dance to do first. The one for my son or the one for my job. Both are worth celebrating!

I am still waiting for JM's crib and other furniture to arrive. Once it does, I will take some photographs of his room and post them. That is just one of many things I need to do between now and March 9.

No comments: