Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Is the end near?

Today has been one of the most difficult days of waiting I have had. I was sure my SW would call me today with a travel date or at least an update. Instead, my email and phones have been mostly silent. Now all of my fears are really coming out.

Two families on the CHSFS group received their travel dates today. I am so happy for them! One of the families is actually travelling next week. I wonder if this means that all of the travel calls are done for a few days or if it is just the beginning? I don't have much of a choice but to be patient and wait. I tried to call my SW but she didn't answer the phone. I am sure she is extremelly busy with all of the recent activity. I didn't leave a message and trust that she will call when she has news.

On a brighter note, I received a letter from a little boy in Mali today. His name is Djibril and he is 6-years-old. Mali is a country near the Ivory Coast. I am sponsoring him through Save The Children. Some people don't like that the money for Save The Children goes to fund projects in the community and not just for the child and his family. I actually really like that the money is used for larger projects. It is nice to know that the little bit of money I can send is being used to help an entire community and not just a few people. It is never easy to really know where the money goes but every little bit of support and help is needed. If even one family is helped, it is worth the money.

No comments: