Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Birth Certificate

The adoption is final in Ethiopia and I have received the birth certificate. I am listed as JM's mother. His new name has my name as his middle name. Of course, that won't work. I will officially change his name when I refinalize in the US. I am waiting to receive my tax refund so that I can pay the attorney to start the process. I know some people refinalize by themselves but I don't want to take any chances.

JM has a new picture on his birth certificate. He is growing up fast. He still has scabs from his recent case of chicken pox. I will wait to get him home before I post any pictures of him now. That way he will be healed and looking handsome. Of course, I think he's beautiful even with a face full of chicken pox.

I leave in 8 days and a few hours. I can't wait! I can't believe I will finally have a son. This is truly a dream come true.

No comments: